Sustainability is something that is extremely important to us at Summit Brick. We strive to run all of our operations with the goal of eliminating adverse environmental impacts. As proud members of the United States Green Building Council, we make sure to be good stewards of the environment and meet or exceed regulations, standards, and codes that are currently in place. Our goal is to make the world a better place for future generations, we hope you are too!
Here are some everyday ways YOU can help the environment:
1) Make a compost: https://www.wikihow.com/Compost
2) Buy in bulk with your own reusable containers: many of the everyday products you buy (rice, beans, nuts, seeds, etc) are often available in bulk (for cheaper!), which eliminates wasteful packaging.
3) Plant shade trees around your home and create a garden: this can help cut down on your cooling bills, and let lots of light in during the winter. A garden is great way to save money and know exactly where your herbs, veggies, fruits are coming from and what goes on them.
4) Eat meals that are vegetable heavy: Meat, eggs, and dairy products require much more land and water to produce than vegetables. So pile on the veggies…it might even make you feel better!
5) Invest in a good reusable water bottle: With over a million plastic bottles bought each minute and 80% of them ending up in a landfill, buying a reusable water bottle is one of the easiest ways to make a small difference! Benefits include: keeping water cooler for longer, saving money, and saving animals. Need a good one? Try this out: https://mybyta.com/products/byta-bottle
Once you have the water bottle down, find other ways to cut back on plastic and other wasteful items. Reusable coffee mugs, metal straws, cloth grocery bags, reusable napkins…the list can go on and on!
6) Lastly, buy locally: This helps reduce environmental impacts, helps create more jobs and invests back into the community. Take some time to explore all that your town has to offer!