It’s finally September, which means that colder weather is quickly approaching! With all the time you’ll be spending in front of your fireplace, why not make it look spectacular?! There are SO many things you can do with brick to completely change the look of your fireplace. Check out some of our favorite trends this season below:
- Floor to Ceiling– Instead of brick just on the actual fireplace, why not remove the mantel and install brick from floor to ceiling. This is a great way to make your fireplace the center of your living room. The brick color here is similar to Summit Brick’s Coronado or Old Denver blend.
- Mixed Patterns– Get really creative by arranging your brick in two different patterns! Need some pattern ideas? Click HERE. The brick color looks similar to Summit Brick’s Old Style or Alameda.
- Bold Black Brick– A black fireplace is sure to stand out. We love the look of this one, especially with the white contrast in the rest of the room. Don’t be afraid to mix things up and try a color you never thought to try…you might end up LOVING it. Try Summit Brick’s Black Pearl to get this look.
- Smear it up- This look of a thick white smear on your brick is SO in. It gives your fireplace a beautiful antique look, especially when paired with a wooden mantel like pictured here. Try one of Summit Brick’s red bricks with a heavy smear to get this look.
- Mix up Brick Placement– Instead of brick on the outside, while not try it as an accent on the inside of your fireplace, like pictured below! With only a small amount of brick, you can completely change the look of your fireplace.
Whether the renovation your planning is big or small, it’s always a good idea to hire a professional, to ensure that your project is completed right and structurally sound.
Need more fireplace ideas? Click HERE. Be sure to tag #SummitBrick in all of your final projects! We LOVE before & afters!